The world's largest collection of
Wedding Speech Material
Our archive is packed with thousands of rip-roaring lines, hilarious anecdotes, tributes, roasts and toasts to help you craft a blockbuster wedding speech today.
Wedding Speeches Explained
The roster of wedding speeches typically begins with the father of the bride, followed by a few words from the groom and finally a comedic showstopper courtesy of his best man. However, in recent years a trend has developed where the bride herself also says a few words. Regardless of who is doing the speaking, the purpose of a wedding speech is to thank everyone in attendance, pay tribute to those who made the day happen, offer a brief insight into the lives of the newlyweds, and entertain the audience.
Wedding Speech Tips
- Before you write a single line you must first decide on a tone and style which suits you, but also your intended audience.
- Generate material by mining memories for anecdotes and sourcing quotes from friends and family.
- Surprise the audience with well-timed jokes, wedding speeches that contain humour are more memorable.
- An ideal length for a wedding speech is eight to ten minutes.
- Throw in some relevant topical references, but only if they'll make sense to everyone outside of your group of friends.
- Anecdotes included in wedding speeches should be amusing, but should not be cruel or cause offence.
- Include friendly digs and optimistic remarks in equal measure. Don't just mercilessly make fun of the occasion.
- Wedding speeches should not be accompanied by a video, they give the impression that the speaker is not confident.
- Draw on the day's events for humour, particularly if the dad's a bit stingy or there's that one Aunt who always gets trashed.
- Go out with a bang. Riddling the front row with an Uzi is one way to achieve this, but it's more acceptable to use your final line as a summary of the occasion.
April Wedding Speeches
As befits its name, March saw Britain stride confidently towards oblivion/freedom, depending which side of the Brexit fence you're on. As Article 50 was triggered, the EU promised they wouldn't punish Britain any further, since leaving Europe was punishment enough. Sounds a lot like ...
"Polly, I feel like you should know everything about what went on during the stag do. First thing's first, I did organise a threesome for Tony. I wanted him to enjoy himself. And he certainly did, I can tell you… even if there were a couple of no shows."
"At the request of the bride and because it's so warm, I have shaved off my beard for the wedding. Shame, as it was really starting to grow on me.""
"The first time I saw Paul and Linda together, my jaw literally dropped to the floor. Little black dress, knee-high leather boots… I forget what Linda was wearing."
"A bit of advice for the Groom: Always give your wife time to get ready. Before going out for a meal I give my wife plenty of time to get her coat on. She doesn't come with me, but I like to turn off the central heating."
THANKING BRIDE'S FATHER
A highly likeable groom enjoys hearing the effusive praise and compliments from the father of the bride.
Tap into the world's most extensive and up-to-date offering of wedding speech content, featuring: clever ideas, witty one-liners, apt phrases and touching sentiment. Take inspiration from great speeches and use our database of contemporary wedding speech material and fresh topical humour to craft a personalised piece.
Over 5,000 comical lines, hilarious observations, put-downs and roasts for a best man speech.
- A library of best man speech jokes to suit any audience
- Examples of the greatest best man speeches
- Templates to make writing your best man speech a breeze
Everything you need to create a great groom speech that won't result in the bride leaving your plums to stew on the wedding night.
- A vault of smart, sentimental and spicy groom speech material
- Absolutely genius groom speeches from the past
- Groom speech templates to ensure you don't mess it up
FATHER OF THE BRIDE
A tonne of entertaining speech material to help fathers cover both amusing and awkward wedding scenarios.
- An archive of hilarious one-liners to spice things up
- Pleasant and affectionate father of the bride speeches
- Time-tested templates to keep you on the right track
All the tools a bride needs to craft an elegant, entertaining and evocative wedding speech.
- Our collection of unique and intelligent bridal speech material
- Fantastic bride speech samples to amuse and inspire you
- Simple bride speech templates to keep everything neat and tidy