The world's largest collection of
Wedding Speech Material
Our archive is packed with thousands of rip-roaring lines, hilarious anecdotes, tributes, roasts and toasts to help you craft a blockbuster wedding speech today.
Wedding Speeches Explained
The roster of wedding speeches typically begins with the father of the bride, followed by a few words from the groom and finally a comedic showstopper courtesy of his best man. However, in recent years a trend has developed where the bride herself also says a few words. Regardless of who is doing the speaking, the purpose of a wedding speech is to thank everyone in attendance, pay tribute to those who made the day happen, offer a brief insight into the lives of the newlyweds, and entertain the audience.
Wedding Speech Tips
- Before you write a single line you must first decide on a tone and style which suits you, but also your intended audience.
- Generate material by mining memories for anecdotes and sourcing quotes from friends and family.
- Surprise the audience with well-timed jokes, wedding speeches that contain humour are more memorable.
- An ideal length for a wedding speech is eight to ten minutes.
- Throw in some relevant topical references, but only if they'll make sense to everyone outside of your group of friends.
- Anecdotes included in wedding speeches should be amusing, but should not be cruel or cause offence.
- Include friendly digs and optimistic remarks in equal measure. Don't just mercilessly make fun of the occasion.
- Wedding speeches should not be accompanied by a video, they give the impression that the speaker is not confident.
- Draw on the day's events for humour, particularly if the dad's a bit stingy or there's that one Aunt who always gets trashed.
- Go out with a bang. Riddling the front row with an Uzi is one way to achieve this, but it's more acceptable to use your final line as a summary of the occasion.
March Wedding Speeches
The past month has proven to be a thriller for those with an exhibitionist streak. Leaked documents stolen from the CIA hinted at a worldwide surveillance operation being undertaken by the American security agencies using your smart devices. One such device is the Nintendo Switch, which only just released at the beginning of ...
"After what happened at the Oscars, I'm sure I wasn't the only one worried about Andy blurting out the wrong name during his vows. Thankfully he got through it. But don't relax yet, because there's still the wedding night."
"As much as I know Pete loves Jacqui, I feel like he married her for the same reasons the American people voted for Trump; to get things back to how they used to be and to stop other people gaining entry."
"And on behalf of the bride and groom, I'd like to thank you for all your wonderful gifts. I myself gave them a dictionary, because despite me agreeing to make this speech and therefore ruining my own enjoyment of the occasion they've yet to find the words to thank me!"
"You'll notice (Groom) is looking rather trim today. He says it's because in the run up to the wedding (Bride) got him into this clean living lifestyle; clean the car, clean the kitchen, clean the bath, clean your shoes."
WEDDING DAY REVEAL
A father of the bride delivers the perfect punch-line for a wonderfully conceived and executed joke setup.
Tap into the world's most extensive and up-to-date offering of wedding speech content, featuring: clever ideas, witty one-liners, apt phrases and touching sentiment. Take inspiration from great speeches and use our database of contemporary wedding speech material and fresh topical humour to craft a personalised piece.
Over 5,000 comical lines, hilarious observations, put-downs and roasts for a best man speech.
- A library of best man speech jokes to suit any audience
- Examples of the greatest best man speeches
- Templates to make writing your best man speech a breeze
Everything you need to create a great groom speech that won't result in the bride leaving your plums to stew on the wedding night.
- A vault of smart, sentimental and spicy groom speech material
- Absolutely genius groom speeches from the past
- Groom speech templates to ensure you don't mess it up
FATHER OF THE BRIDE
A tonne of entertaining speech material to help fathers cover both amusing and awkward wedding scenarios.
- An archive of hilarious one-liners to spice things up
- Pleasant and affectionate father of the bride speeches
- Time-tested templates to keep you on the right track
All the tools a bride needs to craft an elegant, entertaining and evocative wedding speech.
- Our collection of unique and intelligent bridal speech material
- Fantastic bride speech samples to amuse and inspire you
- Simple bride speech templates to keep everything neat and tidy